Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Introduction - Selyne

Introduction - Selyne 21 Nov 2010 23:23 #129

Since there is no 'application' of mine to read and let you know a little about me, I thought it only fair to give you an introduction. =)

My forum name is Selyne because that was my character name in FFXI and how some people will always know me.

I actively played FFXI for four years on Siren world. That is where Kindred first came to be. FFXI was my first MMO and I adopted the spirit that it's not about the destination, but about the journey. I watched others move onto endgame linkshells only to tear their friendships apart. I think it was for that reason I never got to level cap, despite all my time spent in Vana'diel. When I stopped playing, I was a level 64 White Mage.

My husband finally convinced me to play World of Warcraft with him, which he had been playing since launch. I made a home there for three years. I was a Night Elf Priestess named Rowyne on Scarlet Crusade (RP). I could no longer avoid endgame, and became a raid healer. I'm a lore and achievement junkie, so WoW kept me entertained for a while. It was after that the name Rowyne really stuck with me, and it's what all my main characters have gone by in MMOs ever since.

I've only played two other MMOs, Warhammer Online and Aion: The Tower of Eternity. I left WAR after six months because I just couldn't get into it. The game was unfinished, buggy, had lackluster crafting, and classes were severely out of balance. I also spent about six to eight months in Aion, but didn't stop because I didn't enjoy it. I only play healers, and it was a refreshing change to no longer be a squishy cloth-wearer but now a badass Cleric in chainmail and a giant shield (in fact, Clerics were second-toughest only behind the tanking class). My Cleric had reached level 34 when I left, with 3/5 pieces of Daevanion armor (I love armor sets!). But I watched my husband's account become hacked, twice. And the accounts of half his friends. There was no security and no live GMs to speak of, which was just unacceptable. Plus I was really tired of the open PvP and the fact you couldn't do simple tasks without bringing someone along to watch your back.

I'm not a PvPer. I've done a little, and I occasionally enjoy small controlled bits like WoW's Wintergrasp and WAR's RvR scenarios. But I much more enjoy games where we come together united against a common enemy in the spirit of fellowship. I don't enjoy conflict between people, in game or IRL.

FFXI was my first MMO love, so now I'm back for FFXIV. I've played since closed beta, and weathered the ups and downs. And I'm hopeful there's no place to go but up.

• Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Go to top