Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you are interested in joining Kindred, we invite you to tell us a bit about yourself by following the format laid out in the Application Process.

TOPIC: Brixion Ogrebrine

Brixion Ogrebrine 25 Jul 2011 06:42 #1106

Name:
Brixion Ogrebrine

Race and Clan:
Roegadyn Sea Wolf clan

Main Class(es):
Miner, Gladiator, Armorsmith, Blacksmith (still experimenting though!)

Time Zone:
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Please list any Kindred member(s) that you know:
None, yet! :D

Please list your MMO history:
FFXI for 2 years before quitting thanks to WoW and real life. Big mistake, left a great group of guys when I did that :( Since then, WoW, AoC, GW, and several others off and on, nothing like what I had with FFXI though.

If you played FFXI, please list your character name, job(s) and server:
Brixion, Samurai, Valefor (hoping some of my mates from my old DK linkshell are around on FFXIV!)

Are you willing to regularly access the Kindred website for news and information?
Definitely, and might I add it's a surprisingly nice looking website? Honestly, I'm impressed :D A serious linkshell with no website is a sad thing I think!

Why do you wish to join Kindred?
I'll explain: I haven't heard anything good about FFXIV before this last patch. I knew there was a new team in charge that might save the day, but that was about it. I REALLY wanted FFXIV to be great, because FFXI was amazing for me. Well, once I heard about what was in the new patch, I picked up a copy straight away. So far, this makes me feel the same way I felt when I first played FFXI. Very good feeling of awe that. I definitely feel like there's loads of potential here for FFXIV, and I remember when FFXI had it's own set of issues too! So if things keep going the way they are with those patches, I think FFXIV will be up to snuff once it releases on the PS3.

Anyway, like I said: I left behind a great group of folks when I left FFXI. I'd like to try and find another great group of people on FFXIV so I don't have to go through the game all by myself. And really, it was the people that made FFXI really special to me I think, so I imagine it'll be the people in FFXIV that'll make it last as well. With as friendly as you folks sound, I'd be happy to be one of ya :) Anyway, approved or not, I'll definitely be on in the afternoons for the most part, and hopefully more often on the weekends, so send me a /t in game so I can at least get to know you folks! I like to think I'm a positive happy go lucky kinda guy, and I hope that'll suit well with most :)

Oh, and I think "Kindred" is a cool name :D

Best wishes to all of ya!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Brixion Ogrebrine 25 Jul 2011 07:34 #1107

Hey, Brixion!

I think you picked a good time to jump into FFXIV! Patch 1.18 gave us the first of some much needed major changes. And if the dev team lives up to their promise, those changes will keep rolling out at a good pace, now.

And I'm so glad you enjoy the site! It's my baby. :cheer:

Please track down me (Rowyne Moonsong), Eluri Olde or Darksage Prime in game for a pearl!
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong

Re: Brixion Ogrebrine 25 Jul 2011 19:30 #1111

Certainly will ask around as soon as I can! Got a busy first part of the week but I'll be trying to get a hold of you folks as often as I can. Thank you very much, I look forward to meeting all of you! :cheer:

Re: Brixion Ogrebrine 27 Jul 2011 00:30 #1117

Tad bit hard to locate someone online the same time as me lol. I think they're running maintenance again tonight? Well, I'll keep trying and hope I can catch someone before we're all kicked off if that is indeed happening again :)

EDIT: Also if anyone does hop online, send me a tell to let me know? I'm anxious lol

Re: Brixion Ogrebrine 27 Jul 2011 01:03 #1118

Brixion, I'm stuck at work late tonight, but I just called Eluri and asked him to hop on. Please send him a tell and he'll get you a pearl.
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master

Re: Brixion Ogrebrine 27 Jul 2011 01:06 #1119

Oh! You didn't have to go through all that, I didn't mean to sound hasty! I just didn't want anyone to think I wasn't still interested: my work schedule has been odd for this early in the week as well, plus these maintenance shutdowns and etc are a bit inconvenient too lol.

Re: Brixion Ogrebrine 27 Jul 2011 01:09 #1120

It's okay, I just didn't want you to get frustrated! :)
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master

Re: Brixion Ogrebrine 28 Jul 2011 01:40 #1121

Me is totally fine :D Got to talk to a few people in the LS today! Learned a lot :)

Now I should also introduce myself a bit more by saying I'm quite new to this game, and while I believe I'm coming to grips with a number of concepts there are still a few that allude me. For one: New Gear, I'm dying to get some decent armor! I just can't figure out what's the most sensible way and time to get some. Is level 10 a good time to hunt for better armor and weapons, or should I not go too crazy until 20 or later? Should I be making the items all myself, buy them at the marketing wards, or are there folks here that I can ask to help me out there? Willing to provide mats and gil, just tell me what you need!

Also, I'm more of a group kinda guy: anyone out there who wants to team up and level or w/e, I'm all for it! Anyway, sorry for too many newb questions here or in the LS chat, I'll take it a step at a time and only pester people when I'm really lost (so far, the armor issue I'm having is the most pressing thing.) Again, thanks for having me, and see you all in game!

Re: Brixion Ogrebrine 28 Jul 2011 08:28 #1123

Oh....pester away for whatever you want......inactive ls is ugly thing to see :)

....about the rank(we have rank for classes here:P )....my advice is just get the weapon. That is your most important thing to keep at your rank range.
Armor, especially at such a low ranks, you shouldnt concern yourself with. After all after few leves and a little grinding you should be rank 20.....and see if you can find such low rank armor in the wards....try Uldah market since most people use that....

.....oh and about the group thingy....I dont believe most people in the ls care too much for all the ~5 rank range when party, but as r10 you are still quite away:))
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
Go to top